Our first visit to Elba Palace felt like arriving home, so we didn’t know what to expect on our second. Imagine arriving to a house full of friends – greeting you with a glass of fizz and hugs – that’s exactly what we received from Pilar and her team.
A first class welcome again, immediately putting you into holiday territory!
Our suite was fantastic with an amazing sun terrace to enjoy from late morning – sadly the sun itself was posted missing for much of the early part of our stay. The suite was similar to our last visit and also had a good size wooden balcony which caught the early morning sun.
Our stay was another lazy one, and our previous blog from our August 2016 trip pretty much says it all. A few updates though:
- The hotel is still perfect for those looking for peace and quiet – a real jewel of a hotel and in our opinion the best in this area;
- The guaranteed year round sunshine promise is up for debate as March was very different to our August stay;
- Pilar George still knows how to run a hotel, making guests feel special and pitching in when needed;
- A major plus point at the Elba Palace is that you can dine whenever you want. This is still the case as there’s no need to book or difficulty in getting a table in the St Andrews restaurant;
- At this time of year it is too chilly to dine in the outdoor courtyard in the evening Although a more lively atmosphere, dining inside is not as intimate / romantic as the outdoor courtyard;
- We explored more of the island this time round and it is worth repeating that Elba Palace food and drink prices remain very reasonable and can be enjoyed in much more pleasant surroundings than nearby resorts;
- We reserved judgement on Caleta De Fuste during our last visit as there was some major beach reconstruction work underway. This is largely finished now and the resort does look much better;
- Wi-Fi at the hotel has improved and is much faster;
- There were definitely more golfers than before and guests slightly more mature!
Normally at this time of year we venture further afield than the Canaries – last year’s Jamaica trip feels so long ago! With a busy year ahead in 2017 though as well as looking after our bank balance for a few ‘big trips’ in 2018 Elba Palace certainly put up a very worthy performance – just a pity the weather didn’t do the same!
All in all, we had a very tranquil, relaxing and enjoyable stay in pleasant surroundings topped off with Elba Palace’s trade mark friendly, attentive and extremely courteous staff. Special mention this time round to Priscila who looked after us very well throughout our stay – very attentive, pleasant and extremely customer focused.
Once again a big thank you to Pilar and her team for making our visit so special – hope to visit again some time in the future.